History

  • 2014
    Celebrated our 70th Anniversary
  • 2003
    Constructed our first dedicated outdoor area for nature study
  • 1992
    Earned licensing by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services
  • 2011
    Held a dedication ceremony for our beautiful new ½-acre Outdoor Classroom
  • 1997
    Earned accreditation by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
  • 1986
    Purchased our present 3,200-square-foot home on Old Post Road in East Setauket
  • 1944
    Founded as a “play group” for local children to enjoy learning among their peers
  • 2006
    Completed a “top-to-bottom” renovation of our building
  • 1994
    Held our Golden Anniversary Celebration!
  • 1974
    Awarded an Absolute Charter by the Board of Regents of the New York State Department of Education